Art Bra Inspiration!

Friday, December 18, 2009

Hopefully Kim won't mind...

Kim is doing such a fantastic job as our blogger, I don't want to step on her toes, but I am getting SO excited for our crop this year! Lots of things have been happening, and I wanted to make sure to keep you up to date.

First I have to mention that Kim's photos are a-maze-ing! They make me want to drool! It's almost better than looking at the stuff in person!

I was in the office yesterday and some new packages full of goodies arrived. Dang, I love the UPS man, especially when it doesn't come with a bill :)
Hopefully Kim can get some sneak peaks up soon, but I wanted to let you know that we received packages from Tattered Angels, Stampin' Up!, The Impatient Beader, and (one of mey personal favorites) Unity Stamp Co. Seriously, you will jump for joy when you see what they have in store for you!!! Also, Marni Steltz, owner of Pine City Scrapbooking Co. unfortunately cannnot return as a teacher this year but she is sending a donation. If I know Marni, it's going to be fantastic!

We have also received some fabulous donations from local merchants including Security Jewelers, Justin Paul Salons, and many more. One of the most exciting is a donation from the owner of Takk For Matten Cafe which is right on Superior St. next to Catherine's Imports. If you have not been there, I am telling you: run, don't walk! The food is phenomenal and extremely reasonably priced. A lot of the recipes are scandinavian traditional ones. Breakfast is served all day and includes such yummy fare as crepes, lingonberry waffles, strata, and more. The lunch menu is equally delish. I was in the other day and had a fabulous turkey and pear sandwich on cranberry wild rice bread with a side of leek and potato soup. YUM! All of their items are eat-in or carry out. And don't even get me started on their bakery case. I had to look away to avoid drooling on the glass. You will be so excited when you see the silent auction item they have donated!

I just wanted to give you a taste (you can tell where my mind's at) of what's in the works!

We have three people already registered and I expect a rush once Christmas is over. Register now to secure your seat! Visit www.youngsurvival.org/duluth to access the printable registration form or register online through our special auctionpay page!

I will write more later about our new theme (which we're keeping under wraps), prize categories and challenges! We are ready to have LOADS of fun!

Happy Scrapping and Happy Holidays!

-Alane and the Scrap for Survival Elves

No comments: